You now have a choice. Strong, beautiful teeth.
Ceramic Reconstruction: Step by Step
- The defective filling and decay is removed.
- A reflective powder layer prepares the tooth for imaging.
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera, directly in your mouth
- The restoration is created on the screen using the image data
- Diamond coated instruments mill a ceramic block reproduce the design
- This is accomplished during a single appointment using Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacture ( CAD / CAM )
- After polishing, the new restoration fits precisely
- A unique light hardens the bonding material, uniting porcelain and tooth
- Polishing or glazing ensures a pleasantly smooth and natural feel
- The color and appearance make the special ceramic material blend with your tooth
- Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life for your teeth
- Maximum strength, great looks!
Old filling material is removed.
The individually manufactured ceramic is fitted exactly.
Depending on severity, the whole procedure will last between one and two hours.
For more heavily compromised teeth, a traditional treatment has been a crown restoration, which can take several separate appointments.
Using the CEREC method, crown restoration is completed in a single appointment. No impressions, no temporary crowns – no need for a second injection.
A treatment time of one to two hours is normal.
Malpositioned and discolored teeth can be restored with porcelain veneers.
Your tooth is adjusted and a thin layer of porcelain is bonded securely to your tooth.
Perfect looks, perfect fit make a wonderful, natural smile – all in a single appointment.
- Protects and preserves your own tooth’s structural integrity
- Ceramics are bio-compatible
- Only one appointment
- Perfect look
- Perfect comfort
- Perfect quality
- Long lasting and durable
- Unquestionably the most cost effective restoration we have available today
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems.